Commercial and industrial plumbing is a specialised field of plumbing that works predominately on commercial and industrial facilities in maintenance, repairs, and new plumbing installations. In this article, we explore what commercial plumbing is, what a commercial plumber does and how you can become one.
What Is a Commercial Plumber?
Commercial Plumbers specialise in installing, maintaining, and repairing the plumbing services for Commercial, Industrial, Hospitality and Retail premises.
This is different to residential plumbing services as the scope of work is usually larger with some jobs taking weeks to complete. Essendon Plumbing Services work with many Commercial Clients including Government organisations, both State and Federal, as well as the Private Sector to provide cost effective plumbing solutions.
To give you a better idea of what commercial projects we work on, here are some of the industries we offer expert plumbing repairs & services to:
- Shopping Centres
- Retirement Villages
- Restaurants and Catering
- Aged Care
- Secure Data Centres
- Manufacturing Businesses
- Business Parks
- Commercial Real Estate Property Managers
As well as being qualified master plumbers, our skilled team of commercial plumbers Melbourne have completed training and are licensed and registered to operate:
- Elevated Work Platforms
- Boom Lifts
- Confined Space Entry
- Safe Work on Roofs
- First Aid Level 2 and above
- Forklift Operation
What Does a Commercial Plumber Do?
Commercial plumbers can fix all the general plumbing issues that you would see at a residential home, for example:
- Hot Water System Installation, replacement & servicing
- Unblocking Drains Sewer and Storm Water
- Unblocking Toilets & Sink Drains
- Toilet Repairs
- Leaking Tap Repairs
- Burst or Leaking Pipe Repairs
- Gutters and Roof Repairs
- Gas Fitting
- Backflow Prevention
- Thermostatic Mixing Valves
Additional to the above standard plumbing services our commercial plumbers also offer specialised plumbing services including:
- Project management
- Fire Service installations Hydrant and Hose Reels
- Fire Service repairs and Maintenance Hydrants and Hose Reels
- Backflow prevention valve installation and testing
- Thermostatic mixing valve installation and testing
- Leak detection services
- Gas fitting and gas maintenance
- High pressure natural gas installations and maintenance.
- High Pressure Drain Cleaning.
- After hours emergency plumbing work 24/7
How To Become a Commercial Plumber
To carry out any Plumbing work in Victoria you need to be either a Licensed Plumber, a Registered Plumber or In training under supervision (Apprentice Plumber). The Victorian Building Authority (VBA) is the regulatory authority for all plumbing work in Victoria ensuring the protection of our health and safety and the quality of our water supply and waste water systems.
You can learn more read our blog: The difference between a Licensed & Registered Plumber