We offer Rapid Response (within the hour) for all emergencies 24/7.
We understand some jobs just can't wait. 24/7 365
For all your leaking toilet, taps, sewers and shower needs. 24/7 365
Leak Detection Service
We specialise in leak detection and burst water pipe repairs and deal with them on a daily basis. A burst washing machine hose or bust pipe when you’re not home can cause a lot of damage in a very short period of time. At Essendon Plumbing Services our skilled registered plumbing team has the expertise to respond quickly within the hour and to help with a leaking pipe or a burst pipe repair at your home.
We deal all day every day with water leaks. Whether it’s your hot and cold water pipes leaking, kitchen drains leaking, bathroom drains leaking or laundry drains leaking we have a leak detection service to locate and fix your problem quickly and efficiently and we’ll walk you through the process the whole way.
Dripping shower taps, a running toilet, dripping kitchen sink or leaking hot water service that’s what we fix, 24/ 7, 365 days of the year. Small or large jobs our fleet of fully stocked vehicles and registered plumbing professionals are ready to respond to your plumbing emergency.
Signs you may have a burst pipe or water leak.
Has your water bill risen, do you have a water stained ceiling, water pooling around your property, mould growing or dampness in areas of your home? These could all be a sign of a burst pipe or leaking pipe in your home. What about your toilet not flushing properly, shower or bath draining slowly or dishwasher gurgling? These could also be signs of blocked or leaking pipes and drains, and that you need assistance with a burst pipe repair.
What to do if you notice a water leak
If you notice a water leak you should act quickly and isolate your water supply to minimise the damage it can cause
- Turn off you mains water supply at the main isolation valve which will be located at the property water meter.
- Write down the meter reading on your water meter.
- Stop using plumbing fixtures in your home for approximately one hour
- After one hour turn the meter back on and wait 5 minutes to take another meter reading. If the meter indicates water has been used in the time the water was turned off then you have a leak.
- Call a Licensed plumber to located and repair your leak.
What can be causing my burst or leaking pipes?
- Water leaks on hot and cold water pipes can have many different causes. Some of the more common faults are corrosion of metal pipework initiated from electrolysis causing deterioration, rust forming on the inside of metal pipes due to water quality, rusty water from hot water systems, high water pressure, incorrect installation of pipework and fittings and water hammer.
- Water leaks on your drainage system can be caused by blocked drains, tree roots in and around drains causing the drain to crack or break, obstructions in drains, food waste blocking sinks or broken pipes.
- Whatever the reason for the burst or leaking pipe in your home the faster you can identify it and get it repaired the less damage it will cause and the less the cost will be to repair the leak and the damage caused.
Inspection and Maintenance
Prevention is always the best advice! If you notice your water bill is excessive, mould or damp areas around your home, hissing sounds in a wall or a pool of water in your yard your pipes may be in need of attention. Our service can help you keep your pipes in top shape so that you never find yourself with an emergency situation. A common situation we come across is leaking toilet valve inlets which causes water to continually drip into the bowl through the overflow in your toilet cistern. If this goes unnoticed and not repaired quickly your next water bill will be excessive. We offer an inspection and maintenance service that can prevent these typical situations occurring while saving water and money.
Need Help with a Burst or Leaking Pipe?
You can book this service online now or call our Emergency Plumber any time 24/7, 365 Days of the year - we will always answer your call!
We strive to ensure exceptional customer service throughout the organisation building trust, loyalty and long term relationships.
We’re available 24/7
No job is too big or too small. Call our Emergency Plumber any time 24/7, 365 Days of the year - we will always answer your call!
We're independently owned and operated. We won't subcontract your job to a third party.
Book online for a no obligation quote for all major works.