So, you’ve decided now you have the time to start the DIY bathroom renovation you’ve been planning to do for years.
You are concerned about having tradespeople in your home, so what is it you should be looking for from a Plumbing Company when renovating your bathroom during the Coronavirus pandemic?
The message from Essendon Plumbing Services is clear, we’re here to help and we strictly follow all the government guidelines and take all the precautions needed to keep you, your family, and our team safe.
Essendon Plumbing Services has a COVID-19 Safety Action Plan with a checklist we follow when working in all our customers’ homes and sites.
Can I renovate my Bathroom During COVID-19?
Yes, but make sure the plumber you choose has a COVID-19 safety plan and that they adhere to it at all times whilst working at your property. At Essendon Plumbing Services, we will always follow the strict hygiene protocols put in place when working at your home and you will find these guidelines clearly displayed on our website under our COVID-19 Safety Action Plan.
What you’ll notice when you book a job
When you call to book a job, the only difference you will notice is you will be asked a series of health-related questions to help us manage your booking.
These questions are:
- Have you been in close contact with someone with COVID-19?
- Have you been told to isolate?
- Have you recently arrived back in Australia (last 14 days)?
- Have you, or anyone in the household tested positive for COVID-19, or awaiting test results?
- Do you, or anyone living with you, have any flu-like symptoms, a fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Can you please maintain the recommended social distancing measures of 1.5m minimum during our visit?
What You’ll notice when we arrive
Our Plumber will ask you the same series of questions when they arrive at your home or business for their own safety and peace of mind, and there will be NO shaking of hands.
The type of control measures required will depend on the level of risk, as well as the availability and suitability of controls. The use of PPE is required under certain circumstances and the type of PPE will be as follows, depending on each individual situation.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 meters.
- Face Mask
- Safety Glasses
We have also increased our hygiene practices by:
- Regularly cleaning our hands with soap and water (minimum 20 seconds) or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer and avoid touching our face
- Always washing hands with soap and water before eating and after visiting the toilet and avoiding close contact
- Covering our nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing, and disposing of used tissues immediately
- If a tissue is not on hand, cough or sneeze into our upper sleeve or elbow
PPE and cleaning products are kept in each plumber’s vehicle and all our plumbers are travelling in separate vehicles during COVID-19 to keep physical distancing measures front and centre.
Whilst working at your home
Our plumbers are practising no sharing of tools, regular cleaning of tools and regular washing of hands. If our clients could accommodate them in providing a laundry to wash their hands in, they would really appreciate it. And remember the plumber at your home is also under enormous strain during these unprecedented times and is doing their utmost to not put themselves or any clients at risk.
When the job is Complete
Once we have finished and you are 100% happy with the job, we will ask that you make payment via credit, so no physical exchange of money occurs. If you can only pay with cash, we will be handling all transactions using gloves and practicing social distancing.
- Make sure you are following the Department of Health’s social distancing guidelines.
- If you are in self-isolation due to recent overseas travel or close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus, do not see visitors, including tradespeople. Read the Department of Health’s self-isolation guidelines for more information.
- If you are in self-isolation and there is an urgent problem with your home that requires a tradesperson, call the National Coronavirus Help Line on 1800 020 080 for advice on how to proceed.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.
Please know that we have your best interests in mind during these uncertain times and we are endeavouring to continue to provide the amazing service Essendon Plumbing Services is known for.
We will do our utmost to ensure that all our customers and staff are kept healthy and safe.